PROFESSIONAL TIPS & ADVICE
Helpful tips when searching for a Lawn Maintenance company:
- Ask for a lawn inspection and a free estimate for service.
- Services that quote a price without seeing your lawn cannot be sure what your lawn might need.
Ask about the price system and what services are included.
- Lawn services may offer a yearly contract or a simple verbal agreement giving the customer the right to discontinue service at any time.
- Find out what happens if you have a problem between contracts.
- Will the service calls be free or is there a charge?
Consider annual costs versus cost per application.
Many companies allow you to pay after each treatment and may offer a discount if you pay the annual cost up front.
- Get a written agreement about costs and services before you pay.
- Document the duration and expected results of the lawn care service.
- Look for Guarantees and refund policies.
Some services may offer a guarantee of performance. Others may offer refunds if they fail to meet your expectations. Make sure the service is licensed to apply lawn care products as required by state law. Check with your state Department of Agriculture or Environmental Department for details.
Look for professional membership.
A service's membership in one or more professional lawn care associations and active participation in the local community is a positive sign. Professional organizations keep members informed on new developments in pest control methods, safety, training, research and regulation. Most associations have a code of ethics for members to follow. Affiliation with a professional group is one indication that a company strives for quality in its' work.